Supports learning, concentration, and healthy brain development
- Improve attention and concentration: Helping to support focus and working memory1,2
- Improve learning: Such as reading, drawing, spelling and language development1,2
- Support healthy brain development: Supporting and maintaining healthy brain function and can play a role in healthy neuronal function1-4
Do you feel that you or your child may need help to improve concentration and better focus on the task at hand?
Could they benefit from support in learning and reading? If so, Equazen may be the right choice.
Equazen is a supplement with a specific combination and scientifically researched ratio of omega-3 and omega-6, derived from responsibly sourced fish oil and evening primrose oil. This carefully balanced formula uses a clinically trialled EQUABALANCE ratio of EPA:DHA:GLA at 9:3:1 and has been clinically researched to support concentration, enhance learning ability, such as reading and writing, and support cognitive and brain function in children.1-12
Food for thought: Did you know that lipids help build our cell membranes and make up about 50-60% of the weight of our brain, of which 35% are made up of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), which include among others the omega-3 essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA and omega-6 essential fatty acid, GLA.
- Johnson M et al., J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2017 Jan;58(1):83-93. doi: 10.1111/jcpp.12614.
- Parletta N et al., Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2013 Aug;89(2-3).
- Bauer I et al., Hum Psychopharmacol. 2014 Mar;29(2):133-44. Funded by Novasel Australia.
- Bauer I. et al. PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28214.
- Sinn, N. and Bryan, J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2007 Apr;28(2):82-91.
- Barragán-Pérez E.J. et al., Journal of attention disorders. Jan 24,2014. The author(s) disclosed receipt of the following financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article: Manfred Döpfner has received consulting income and research support from Lilly, Medice, Shire, Janssen Cilag, Novartis, and Vifor, and research support from the German Research Foundation, German Ministry of Education and Research, and German Ministry of Health. Eduardo Barragán has received consulting income and research support from Lilly, UCB, Cilag, Novartis and Vifor, and research support from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Johnson, M. et al. J Atten Disord. 2009 Mar;12(5):394-401.
- Johnson, M. et al. J Atten Disord. 2012 Dec;4(4):199-204.
- Sinn N et al., Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2008;78(4-5):311-26.
- Barragán E, Breuer D, Döpfner M. J Atten Disord i-9. 2014. Research conducted by Barragan et al. with financial interest from Vifor pharma.
- Richardson AJ et al., Pediatrics. 2005 May;115(5):1360-6. The study was
- cofunded by the Dyslexia Research Trust and the Durham Local Education Authority.
- Milte et al. Nutrition. 2012 Jun;28(6):670-7. Research conducted by Mite et al. with funding from Australlian Research Council with financial interest from Novasel Australia.
Flordis Equazen 180 is suitable for:
Equazen is suitable for children from 3 years old and adults.
The product should be used under adult supervision. Those unable to chew or swallow the capsule may choose to cut the capsule open and take the oil with a cold drink.
Starting dose: For the first 3 month period, the recommended dosage is 6 capsules daily.
Maintenance dose: The recommended dosage is 2 capsules daily.
Continue taking Equazen daily to maintain benefits, or for as long as recommended by your healthcare professional. Effects may be felt sooner but typical results demonstrate best results after 3 months of daily use.
Equazen is well tolerated in children and adults based on clinical research and years of use worldwide. It is recommended to talk to your healthcare professional if you have any questions about using Equazen.
Essential fatty acids (EPA, DHA & GLA)
Each capsule/chewable capsule contains
Fish oil rich in omega-3 acids 155 mg equivalent to:
(EPA) 93 mg
(DHA) 29 mg
Evening primrose oil (omega-6) 100 mg equivalent to:
(GLA) 10 mg
Warning and Disclaimers:
Use in children under 3 years of age is not recommended. Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist consult your health professional.
What makes EQUAZEN different?
EQUAZEN capsules contain a scientifically developed combination of omega-3s, EPA and DHA, and GLA (omega-6). This carefully balanced formula has been clinically researched to support concentration, learning and reading so you can be sure you are taking a medicine that has been tested in clinical studies to demonstrate health outcomes.
EQUAZEN capsules only contain high quality ingredients. Our oil comes from sustainable fish sources such as sardines, known to have a naturally high level of essential fatty acids EPA and DHA. After a purification process, testing helps ensure that our oils comply with international purity standards.
What is the EQUABALANCE ratio?
We take care to use an optimal balance of essential fatty acids (EPA:DHA:GLA = 9:3:1) in our formulations, which has been shown in clinical studies to support concentration, learning and reading.
What is the source of your fish oils?
EQUAZEN formulations only contain high quality ingredients. Our oil comes from sustainable fish sources such as sardines, known to have a naturally high level of essential fatty acids such as EPA and DHA. Purity testing helps ensure that our oils comply with international purity standards.
Why is there a higher starting dose of EQUAZEN for the first twelve weeks?
EQUAZEN formulations have been the subject of extensive clinical research to demonstrate optimal health outcomes. If you are starting supplementation for the first time, there are clinical studies to suggest it is beneficial to take a higher daily dose of 6 capsules, for the first 12 weeks for best results.
Can I use EQUAZEN in pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Use of EQUAZEN is not recommended if you are planning a pregnancy, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Your healthcare professional can discuss with you the risks and benefits involved in taking EQUAZEN during these life stages.
Is EQUAZEN suitable for children?
Suitable for children from 3 years old. Those unable to chew or swallow the capsule may choose to cut the capsule open and take the oil with a cold drink.
Use in children under 3 years of age is not recommended. EQUAZEN should be used under adult supervision.
Does EQUAZEN contain allergens?
EQUAZEN capsules/chewable capsules contain ingredients derived from fish. No added gluten, wheat, yeast, dairy, saccharin, aspartame or artificial colours.
How long do I take EQUAZEN for?
Continue taking EQUAZEN daily to maintain benefits, or for as long as recommended by your healthcare professional. Effects may be felt sooner but typical results demonstrate best results after 3 months of daily use.
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.