- A natural moisturiser to improve sun damaged and ageing skin
- Olive Squalane mimics the oil younger skin naturally produces
- High concentrations of antioxidants to combat free radical damage
- Resveratrol is a natural antioxidant found in plants
- Oil-soluble Vitamin C easily absorbs into skin and assists with sun damage
- Naturally preserved with Hops Extract – free of Parabens and Phenoxyethanol
Is it possible to help your skin remain young looking? We think the best methods don’t involve creams that temporally plump out lines or temporarily tighten the skin. In fact, long term use of these types of creams may be detrimental to the skin. We think the best way to keep your skin looking its best is to moisturise daily using creams that are high in antioxidants, maintain a healthy lifestyle without smoking, and to minimize sun exposure.
Our Anti-Ageing Cream takes a 2 step approach to anti-ageing:
- Firstly, the oils we use to make the base for this cream mimic the oil naturally produced in younger skin. This means that it’s easily absorbed into the skin, getting the goods right where you want them. Moist and hydrated skin resists forming lines. The star of this show is Olive Squalane, because it tops up the natural Squalane that you skin slowly stops making around your mid-20s.
- We only use antioxidants that we’ve researched and know can penetrate the skin, and remain stable, allowing them to do their good work. The star antioxidants we choose to use are Resveratrol* and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (oil-soluble Vitamin C), both included at the maximum percentage suggested by our lovely suppliers. We can’t say much more than that but encourage you to Google these two ingredients if you’re interested in finding out more about what these wonders are about.
* We use the highest quality micronised Resveratrol of 1um size for best absorption and almost 100% purity. We developed (after 6 months of failures) a unique system of ensuring that the concentration we needed stayed stable in the cream. The difficulty of this ingredient is that in good concentrations it tends to make creams unstable.
MooGoo Anti-Ageing Antioxidant Face Cream is suitable for:
All skin types, including dry skin.
All skin problems and sensitive skin.
Those sensitive to synthetic preservatives.
Aqua (H₂O’s Fancy Name), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant-Based Emulsifying Wax) and Polysorbate 60 (Food Grade Emulsifier), Squalane (Olive), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM Organic Sulfur), Caprylic Capric Triglyceride (Silky Natural Ester), Hydrolysed Milk Protein (For Skin Elasticity), Allantoin, Piroctone Olamine (Olamine Salt), Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Oil-Soluble Vitamin C), Polygonum Cuspidatum (Japanese Knotweed Resveratrol), Glyceryl Caprylate (Emollient), Vanilla Plantifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract, Natural Pear Fragrance, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract.
We choose to avoid repeated exposure to ingredients like Parabens, Phenoxyethanol and penetration enhancers. And many more we don’t have room to list here.
We show all the ingredients on our website, not just the pretty ones. That way you can see why we chose them and get in touch if you have any more questions.
Please be aware that ingredients may vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product packaging for the most up-to-date and relevant list of ingredients.
How do antioxidants work?
Happy you asked! One part of ageing is caused by “free radical damage”. Free radicals are molecules that have become short of an electron. To become stable, free radicals seek out other molecules and can take an electron from them. This can cause cell damage leading to skin ageing, among other things. Supplying antioxidants to the skin helps mop up these pesky free radicals so they leave your cells alone. The difficult part is to ensure that the antioxidants get deep enough into the skin to function. That’s why we choose the ones we use as they are known to be able to penetrate into the skin and get to work.
What ingredients do you avoid when making a moisturiser?
There s lots of things you won t find in this cream (or any of our other products) because they were all formulated for family members and close friends. This includes Paraffin and Mineral Oil which derive from petroleum, but are commonly found in commercial moisturisers like Sorbolene. We don’t think putting the stuff that goes into our cars on our skin is the healthiest thing we can do.
We also don’t use any synthetic preservatives such as Parabens and Phenoxyethanol, although they re pretty common too, including with a few brands that claim to be natural (you know who you are!). We avoid a lot of other things too, way too many to list here. We also don t use any useless, trendy ingredients like stem cells from Swiss apples or super power jellyfish DNA, just natural, effective ingredients for healthy skin.
My cream isn’t white. Does this mean it’s gone bad?
Since we use natural ingredients in our products, you may sometimes notice a change in colour to your cream, particularly this one. A change in colour is normal and should be expected since we don’t use any bleaching agents to keep the cream bright white. Natural ingredients are also often rich in colour and can change the colour of a cream after it s mixed in. Don’t be surprised if this cream changes to a light tan colour over time. It’s not a bad thing.
Is this moisturiser made of milk?
We aren’t called MooGoo because our products are based on milk. Fresh milk in a cream would go off and be smelly. Yuck! We do use Milk Protein in a few of our skin and hair care products, and it’s sourced ethically and sustainably from happy and healthy cows raised on a beautiful farm in New Zealand.
I’m Lactose intolerant. Are MooGoo products safe for me to use?
Almost all of our products do not contain milk, except for our Cleansing Bars. We do add Milk Protein to some of our moisturising creams as it happens to be very good for maintaining skin elasticity and for protecting the hair shaft in our Hair Care products. The protein is not related to Lactose.
Fragrance is listed as one of the ingredients in this product. What does this mean?
When we first started making products, we used a blend of essentials oils to give them a lovely fragrance. But many people have severe reactions and allergies to them, even in small amounts. As a result, and because we make products for people with sensitive skin, we took them out of most products. Instead, we helped to develop a special kind of fragrant oil, whereby each component in it is less than the EU allergy threshold. This is how we can have a pleasant-smelling product without the reactions. The scents we use are proprietary blends from the company we get them from, and we’ve had no reactions since we made the switch. Also, of course, it is free from phthalates, which is the main concern in fragrances.
Warning and Disclaimers:
For external use only. As with all natural products, patch test for allergies before use.
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.