- Dress wounds on awkward areas
- Easy to apply & gentle to remove
- Comfortable & absorbent
- Up to 7-day wear time
ALLEVYN Life has an advanced layered construction, which combines a foam pad held between a perforated silicone gel adhesive wound contact layer and a highly permeable waterproof outer film. ALLEVYN Life incorporates a central mesh screen on the pad to help mask the visibility of wound fluid. The film layer is showerproof and aids in the prevention of bacterial wound infection.
How ALLEVYN Life works
ALLEVYN Life provides a moist wound environment which promotes healing. The wound contact layer surface of ALLEVYN Life is coated with a gentle silicone adhesive layer, which is easy to apply and remove. ALLEVYN Life can be lifted and repositioned without losing its adherent properties, but ensure no creasing or stretching occurs. ALLEVYN Life can be left in place without the need for a secondary dressing.
Allevyn Life is suitable for:
- Wash hands before and after treating the wound. Gently clean the wound.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair close to the wound should be clipped.
- Open the pouch by peeling apart the flaps on the pouch paper. Remove the ALLEVYN Life dressing. Remove one side of the backing sheet from the ALLEVYN Life dressing. Anchor the adhesive side of the ALLEVYN Life dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound ensuring there are no creases.
- Remove the remaining backing sheet and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching the dressing. The pad area only of the dressing must adhere across the entire surface of the wound.
ALLEVYN Life can be used to dress awkward wounds such as heels and elbows, the dressing corner lobes can be overlapped when positioning the dressing, ensuring no creasing or stretching occurs to the dressing.
To remove ALLEVYN Life, lift one corner lobe of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound.
When to Change
During the early stages of wound management, ALLEVYN Life dressings should be inspected frequently. Where the product is used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated by your local healthcare professional.
ALLEVYN Life dressings can stay in place for up to seven (7) days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until the wound fluid covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside the central screen. Please consult your healthcare professional if you need advice on when to change your ALLEVYN◊ Life dressing.
Warning and Disclaimers:
For single use only. if symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.