- 12 hours of long lasting warmth
- Innovative SpiroTherm Technology
- Maximum flexibility
- Comfortable and discreet
Spiral Heat new flexible heat patches for targeted pain relief from Elastoplast offer effective heat therapy for 12 hours.
The Back / Neck patches are ideal for back pain, low back pain, hip pain, neck pain and shoulder pain, and are available in a single pack and three-pack. The Multipurpose patches are ideal for muscle, joint, wrist, knee and elbow pain, and are available in single pack size.
SpiroTherm Technology for targeted pain relief
Elastoplast’s Spiral Heat flexible patches offer effective heat therapy for targeted pain relief. Spiral Heat merges innovatively designed spiral heat cells and reliable adhesion, creating an outstanding performance. This unique SpiroTherm Technology offers extraordinary 2D and 3D flexibility due to the spiral shape of the cells, enhancing free movement, and effective warmth for 12 hours. Elastoplast’s reliable adhesion expertise keeps the patch in place, enabling you to follow your moves at work and during leisure activities. Spiral Heat’s innovative adhesive grid pattern offers optimal skin contact and effective heat transmission for 12 hours of long-lasting heat - a new level of mobility and comfort for back and neck pain patients.
Elastoplast Spiral Heat Multipurpose is suitable for:
Ideal for muscle, joint, wrist, knee and elbow pain.
- It can take up to 30 minutes until the heat patch warms up to an effective heat level.
- The pouch should only be opened directly before use.
- The patch should only be applied on clean, dry and unbroken skin.
- Open the pouch and remove the sealing paper from the back of the patch.
- Place adhesive side of Spiral Heat to the skin directly over the painful area and press on firmly.
- After use slowly peel off from the skin.
- The patch should not be worn for more than 12 hours within any 24 hour period.
Only for single use – for each application use a new patch to retain the described heat effect. Spiral Heat works by using iron particles which, when exposed to air, start reacting and producing heat. Once started, the reaction will not stop until the iron is used up, so the product can’t be reactivated later or recharged. Because of this, the pouch should only be opened directly before use and Spiral Heat should not be put in a microwave or oven, as the material may catch on fire.
Iron, activated carbon, salt, water.
Warning and Disclaimers:
Do not use the patch under the following circumstances
- If the covering of the patch or the patch is damaged
- Together with medicated creams and ointments or additional sources of heat
- On unhealthy, broken or damaged skin or wounds
- On bruised or swollen areas
- On body parts where heat cannot be felt
- On people who cannot remove the patch on their own e.g. some elderly or disabled people
- On children under 12 years of age
- In the area of the face, breast, inner side of the arm, armpit, finger, lower abdomen, inguinal area, popliteal fossa, feet or toes.
Precautions and warnings:
- As with any heat product, the patch has the potential to cause skin irritation or burns.
- It is recommended to avoid circumstances that may increase the heat effect e.g. tight clothing or additional pressure.
- You should periodically check the skin reactions.
- End usage of the product immediately if you feel any skin irritations or burns or if the product feels too hot.
The risk of burning increases as you age. If you are 55 years of age or older, wear the patch over a layer of thin clothing and not while sleeping.
- To avoid the risk of burning allow air to circulate over the heat patch and avoid extra pressure such as e.g. lying or sitting on the heat patch, wearing under tight clothing or a belt and leaning against hard surfaces.
- Do not overlap heat cells when e.g. applying to joints.
- The heat spirals contain iron powder. If your skin or eyes come into contact with the content of the cell, rinse with water. If ingested rinse mouth.
- In all cases, seek medical advice immediately.
- Do not try to reheat or put it into a microwave.
- Remove the product before you undergoing an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) procedure.
Consult your doctor or pharmacists before using Spiral Heat
- If you have poor blood circulation, diabetes, nerve damage, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis or if you are pregnant.
End usage and consult your doctor
- If you experience any skin irritation, discomfort, burn, swelling, rash or prolonged redness in the application area.
- If the pain after 7 days remains or gets worse.
- Only for single use – for each application use a new patch to retain described heat effect. Store at a cool, dry place, keep away from sunlight.
- Keep away from children and pets.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL
1. How does heat work against pain?
Heat therapy is a simple and effective method that can offer pain relief for back, neck and shoulder pain. It increases the local blood flow as well as the skin temperature which leads to a relaxation of the muscles. The increased blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to the damaged tissue and at the same time dilutes and washes away painful mediators and metabolic by-products. This helps to restore damaged tissue and to decrease pain.
2. When is heat therapy the right treatment and when cold therapy?
The therapeutic use of cold or warmth is a well-known physiotherapeutic treatment. Whether to use heat or cold on the affected area depends on the type of pain. Heat has been known for generations to be an effective way to relieve muscle pain such as muscle strain and tension. Cold is recommended for acute conditions, such as acute inflammation or injuries, e.g. sports injuries such as sprains, contusions, bruising and swelling. If you are in doubt as to whether to apply heat or cold, please consult your pharmacist or doctor.
3. When should I use Spiral Heat Flexible Heat Patches and when Elastoplast Capsaicin Heat Plasters?
Both products can be used for the relief of musculoskeletal pain. They differ in their mode of action. Elastoplast ABC Heat Plasters activate the body heat by means of a pharmacological ingredient and block the pain by inhibiting the pain-transmitting Substance P. Spiral Heat Flexible Heat Patches are an external heat source that provides long-lasting deeply penetrating heat. Both products are effective against muscle pain such as back and neck pain but some people experience the effect of the capsaicin-containing heat products as too strong so Spiral Heat offers a pleasant alternative. Spiral Heat can also be used by persons who react with unpleasant skin sensations when using capsaicin heat patches or ointments.
4. How should I apply the heat patches?
Open the pouch directly before use. Remove the sealing paper from the back of the patch so the adhesive is exposed and place this side on your skin directly over the painful area.
5. How long should I wear a Spiral Heat patch?
For best results, wear Spiral Heat for the full 12 hours. Using Spiral Heat for more than the recommended time can increase the risk of skin irritation or burns. If after 7 days the pain remains unchanged or worsens, consult your doctor to get it checked.
6. Can I cut the heat patches?
No, do not cut the product as it may damage the heat cells. And do not use the patch if the covering of the patch or the patch is damaged. If your skin or eyes come into contact with the content of the cell, rinse with water. If ingested, rinse mouth. In all cases, seek medical advice immediately.
7. What materials are Spiral Heat Flex Patches made of?
Spiral Heat flex patches are layers of cloth-like materials called “nonwovens” and contain the Spiral Heat cells which consist of iron, charcoal, salt and water. The layers are laminated to each other using medical adhesives which do not contain latex. The adhesive grid pattern is made of a skin-friendly adhesive.
8. How do I dispose of Spiral Heat?
Spiral Heat can be disposed of in your regular trash after it is cooled. Care should be taken to keep Spiral Heat out of the reach of children and pets.
9. How does Spiral Heat work?
Spiral Heat is a flexible heat patch that contains spiral heat cells that warm up after opening to provide pleasant heat for 12 hours offering heat therapy to treat your pain.
10. What are the spiral cells in Spiral Heat?
The spiral cells are the part of Spiral Heat that provides warmth. These cells contain a mixture of ingredients that react with air to provide pleasant heat. The chemical reaction is called iron oxidation, which is a controlled form of rusting.
11. What is SpiroTherm Technology?
The unique SpiroTherm Technology in Spiral Heat offers a maximum of 2 and 3-dimensional flexibility of the heat cells for free movement of the user while maintaining effective warmth for 12 hours. The secret of this special design is the integration of Fermat’s spirals, which have two spiral arms each winding from their centre for advantageous potential in flexibility.