- Reduces risk of infection
- Soothes & protects
- Allows wound to drain freely
- Easy removal
A sterile clear, adhesive, waterproof and bacteria-proof film dressing
BACTIGRAS is a gauze dressing impregnated with paraffin, containing 0.5% chlorhexidine acetate. It is presented as individual dressings in peel-apart pouches.
How BACTIGRAS works
BACTIGRAS acts as a barrier between the wound and a secondary dressing such as MELOLIN low adherent wound dressing, allowing wound fluid to pass into the absorbent secondary dressing. The chlorhexidine acetate antiseptic is slowly released from the dressing, giving long-lasting action against a range of bacteria.
Bactigras is suitable for:
- Minor burns
1. Wash hands before and after treating the wound. Gently clean wound and surrounding skin. Dry surrounding skin thoroughly.
2. Peel open foil sachet. Cut dressing to size.
3. Remove protective paper to reveal BACTIGRAS◊ gauze.
4. Place BACTIGRAS onto the wound.
5. Place second dressing(e.g. MELOLIN pad) over BACTIGRAS for added protection and absorption. Keep MELOLIN and BACTIGRAS in place with either paper tape or a light crepe bandage.
When to Change
BACTIGRAS may be left in place when the MELOLIN dressing is changed. Change dressing daily or more often according to the condition of the wound. If the dressing sticks, soak it off gently with a sterile saline solution.
Warning and Disclaimers:
For single use only. if symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.