- Heals fast: By ensuring the right level of moisture in the wound, the patch makes it easier for nutrients to disseminate. This promotes the skin’s own healing mechanism, thus speeding up the healing process.
- Hides Instantly: The patch renders cold sores largely invisible, reducing social embarrassment and social discomfort about the sufferer’s appearance. Lipstick or make-up may also be applied over the patch, further reducing the sore’s visibility.
- Relieves Pain: The patch covers and protects the nerve endings that are exposed in the wound, resulting in soothing relief.
- Reduces redness and swelling: By reducing the tension of the skin, the patch relieves swelling and lessens redness.
- Reduces tingling, itching and burning: The patch maintains the hydration of the skin while protecting the skin from drying out.
- Reduces the blistering and helps prevent scabbing or crusting: The patch causes a germ-protected environment that stops the sore from drying out, thereby helping to prevent scab formation
- Reduces risk of contamination from the wound: The patch provides a protective barrier over the sore that the cold sore virus cannot penetrate, thereby helping to reduce the risk of contamination out of the wound. It also prevents sufferers from touching the sore – a common source of cross-contamination. Water and bacteria are also repelled.
Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch is suitable for:
Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch is clinically proven to lessen scabs for faster healing#, effective from the moment of application. The patches heal* your cold sore at a comparable speed to acyclovir 5% cream, helping you get back to your unstoppable best – and fast!
For discreet, day-time treatment, this transparent healing patch with unique Hydrocolloid-075 particles will keep your cold sore out of sight and out of mind. Hidden under the patch, your cold sore will heal naturally while you get on with your life
You can use the cold sore patch at any stage of an outbreak. However, it is best to apply at the first sign of an outbreak – usually a tingling or itching sensation.
1. Wash your hands. Ensure your skin is clean and dry. Do not use in combination with cream, as the patch may no longer stick to the wound and thus will not provide full treatment benefits.
2. Remove the arrowed applicator from the wrapper and hold one end in each hand.
3. Gently pull one end away in the direction of the arrows, exposing half of the patch. Take care not to touch the adhesive side of the patch
4. Gently press the half-exposed part of the patch onto the cold sore and hold in place.
5. Hold the top side of the applicator and slowly peel away downwards, ensuring the patch remains in place and is smoothed to the lip.
How to remove
If the patch stays on, there is no need to remove it and change it. If the patch does start to detach from the skin it should be removed and replaced with a new one.
1. To remove the patch, loosen it at the edge.
2. Use both hands to hold loosened edge of the patch.
3. Stretch the patch sideways, pulling hands apart as it is peeled away.
Warning and Disclaimers:
*Karlsmark T, Goodman JJ, Drouault Y, Lufrano L, Pledger GW. Randomized clinical study comparing Compeed cold sore patch to acyclovir cream 5% in the treatment of herpes simplex labialis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22 (10): 1184-1193.
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.