OsmoLax Relief is clinically proven to help provide effective relief and assist in the treatment of constipation. It is clinically proven to help restore the body’s natural rhythm.
Mixed with water or your favourite drink, OsmoLax Relief works with the liquid to hydrate, soften and ease, for a more controlled and comfortable bowel movement.
The active ingredient in OsmoLax Relief is called macrogol 3350. Macrogol is considered to be a 'gold standard' to assist the treatment of constipation in adults and children.
OsmoLax Relief helps restore the body’s natural rhythm to leave you feeling comfortable and relieved.
- No salty taste
- Mix with your favourite hot or cold drink
- No artificial flavours, colours, or sweeteners
- Salt free
- Sugar free
- Lactose free
- Gluten free
- Flavour free
- Preservative free
- Yeast free
OsmoLax Relief generally produces a bowel movement in 1 to 3 days.
OsmoLax Relief does not contain any electrolytes (sodium or potassium) so it does not have a salty taste. OsmoLax Relief is virtually taste free, so you can mix it with water or any hot or cold drink!
Please follow the directions for use and dosage instructions printed on your OsmoLax Relief pack. Your OsmoLax Relief pack contains a measuring scoop, either a double-sided 8.5g/17g scoop, or a single 8.5g scoop, depending on the product purchased.
For adults and children over the age of 12 years:
- One sachet or one level 17g measuring scoop mixed with 1 cup (approx. 240ml) of liquid once daily. This can be increased to a maximum of 2 doses of 17g daily, dependent on the severity of your constipation and need.
For children aged 6 to 12 years:
- The usual starting dose is two level 8.5g measuring scoops (or one 17g scoop), mixed with 1 cup (approx. 240ml) of liquid once daily. The dose should be adjusted up or down as required to produce regular, soft, comfortable stools. The maximum dose should not exceed three 8.5g scoops daily.
For children aged 4 to 5 years:
- The usual starting dose is one level 8.5g measuring scoop, mixed with ½ cup (approx. 120ml) of liquid once daily. This can be increased to a maximum of two 8.5g scoops (or one 17g scoop) mixed with 1 cup (approx. 240ml) of liquid daily, if required to produce regular, soft, comfortable stools.
Add OsmoLax Relief to your favourite drink of choice, such as water, juice, soft drink, tea, or coffee, according to the dosage instructions on your pack. Stir until dissolved then drink. OsmoLax Relief generally produces results in 1-3 days. Continue to take until your body’s natural rhythm is restored.
The dose of OsmoLax Relief can be adjusted up or down, as required to produce regular, comfortable stools. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
OsmoLax Relief can be mixed and stored in the fridge up to 6 hours before taking. Discard any solution that is not used within 6 hours. OsmoLax Relief should be taken 2 hours before or after other medication.
The active ingredient in OsmoLax is called macrogol 3350.
Warning and Disclaimers:
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Before taking OsmoLax Relief:
- Do not take OsmoLax Relief if you are allergic to macrogol (polyethylene glycol).
- If you are pregnant, likely to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, or taking other medications, check with your healthcare professional before taking OsmoLax Relief.
- Do not take OsmoLax Relief if you have an intestinal obstruction, perforated gut wall, severe ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, toxic megacolon, or kidney damage.
Whilst taking OsmoLax Relief:
- Drink plenty of water during the day. Increase the amount of fibre in the diet, except in cases of constipation induced by medication e.g., with codeine.
- The use of laxatives may cause stomachache, rumbling, bloating, loose stools, or diarrhoea. Stop taking OsmoLax Relief if any of these symptoms occur, until they clear.
- Stop using OsmoLax Relief and tell your healthcare professional if you feel weak, breathless, very thirsty with a headache, have rectal bleeding, or get puffy ankles.
- Prolonged use of laxatives of any kind is undesirable and may cause problems.
When using OsmoLax Relief to help treat children:
- Most children will occasionally experience constipation. Many will have a tendency for recurring mild constipation.
- This can usually be managed with healthy eating, regular exercise and toilet use, and occasional use of a laxative if required.
- If your child is experiencing excessive straining and discomfort or pain, see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.