Professional scar therapy
For the professional treatment of abnormal scars, both old and new
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves itching and discomfort of scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
The only formula with a once-daily application
Strataderm is a rapidly drying, transparent silicone gel formulation for the treatment of all types of scars, both old and new. Strataderm dries to form a silicone gel sheet, a protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof which hydrates and protects scars from chemical and microbial invasion, allowing scars to normalise the collagen synthesis cycles, producing a normal mature scar. Strataderm is used for the prevention and treatment of abnormal and excessive scar formation. Strataderm is suitable for all areas of the skin, including exposed areas like the face and neck as well as joints and hairy areas without the need for shaving
Strataderm can be used for the treatment of all types of scars, including those resulting from:
General and cosmetic surgery
- Chronic wounds
- Acne and other diseases of the skin
Strataderm is transparent and odorless. It does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
- Strataderm is not absorbed by your skin.
- Strataderm is suitable for all skin types.
- Strataderm is non-reactive with no measurable pH.
- Strataderm is easy to use at home.
FILM-FORMING, FLEXIBLE, FULL CONTACT: Strataderm dries to form a thin, transparent and durable protective film that ensures constant contact with the scar.
ABNORMAL SCAR PREVENTION AND TREATMENT: Strataderm helps to normalise the collagen synthesis cycles, producing a normal mature scar.
HYDRATION: Strataderm is semi-permeable, which allows the skin to breathe and remain hydrated.
PROTECTION: Strataderm protects the scar from chemical and microbial invasion.
SOFTENS AND FLATTENS: Strataderm softens and flattens raised scars.
SYMPTOMATIC RELIEF: Strataderm relieves itching and discomfort associated with scars.
REDUCES REDNESS AND DISCOLOURATION: Strataderm reduces redness and discolouration of scars.
NON-REACTIVE: Strataderm is inert, has no measurable pH, and contains no alcohol, parabens or fragrances, making it suitable for children, people with sensitive skin, pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
For the professional treatment of abnormal scars, both old and new
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation.
- Easy to use once daily*
- For the treatment of both old and new scars.
- Softens and flattens raised scars.
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars.
- Reduces redness and discolouration of scars.
Strataderm Scar Therapy Gel is suitable for:
Strataderm is designed for all skin types. It is suitable for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, children or people with sensitive skin.
Strataderm is easy to use – just once a day or after each wash.
For best results, Strataderm should stay in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/7 days a week).
- Step 1 - Prepare your skin: Ensure that your skin is clean and dry.
- Step 2 - Apply Strataderm: Apply a very thin layer of Strataderm to the relevant areas with your fingertips and distribute evenly. Strataderm does not penetrate the skin.
- Step 3 - Allow the gel to dry: When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3–4 minutes.
- If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove any excess gel with a tissue or paper towel and allow the drying process to continue. Remember: a little amount of gel goes a long way.
- Step 4 - You are ready to go!: Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with clothes, sunscreen or cosmetics.
- Remove from the skin: Excess Strataderm on your hands can be easily removed by washing them with liquid soap and warm water. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove from clothes: Strataderm may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
Strataderm 10g is enough to treat a 5-7 cm linear scar for over 90 days.
Polydimethylsiloxanes, siloxanes, alkyl methyl silicones
Warning and Disclaimers:
- For external use only.
- Strataderm should not be applied on third-degree burns or to open wounds.
- Strataderm should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or the eyes.
- Strataderm should not be applied to other skin treatments without the advice of your physician.
- Strataderm may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
- For correct storage please reclose the tube tightly with the cap.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube.
Can Strataderm be used after surgical removal of a scar (or other invasive therapy)?
Strataderm must not be used on open wounds; please refer to our product Stratamed.
What are the advantages of using Strataderm instead of physical silicone sheets?
Strataderm has all the benefits of silicone sheets without the problems. Contact dermatitis, the difficulty of use, and the potential for bacteria growth between the sheet and the skin are all problems inherent with the usage of silicone sheets. Strataderm does not encounter these issues
Is Strataderm suitable to use for children?
Strataderm is suitable to use for children. It is completely biocompatible, non-reactive and intended to be used for both, children and people with sensitive skin.
Does Strataderm have any odour?
No, Strataderm is odorless.
Is Strataderm suitable to use during pregnancy?
Strataderm is suitable to use during pregnancy for the mother and the unborn child.
Is Strataderm effective on all skin types?
Strataderm is effective on all skin types.
Will Strataderm work on stretch marks?
Please refer to our product Stratamark which is a novel topical medical device specifically designed for the prevention and treatment of stretch marks.
Will Strataderm damage my hair?
Strataderm will not damage your hair. It does not affect your hair in any way.
What is the difference between the silicone in Strataderm and household silicone?
Many distinctive forms of silicones exist which are used in various products from industrial use, construction and heavy industry. The specific polymers of silicone used in Strataderm are medical silicones approved for human use.
Does Strataderm have an expiry date? I cannot find this information on my tube.
Strataderm has an expiry date of five years after manufacturing. This date is imprinted on every box (side flap) and tube (end seal) in the format year-month (e.g. EXP 2018-09 or 13-09). The expiry date does not change once the tube is opened.
Is there any sun protection in Strataderm?
No. However you can apply sun protection or cosmetics on top of Strataderm, once it is completely dry.
How long will it take for my scar to improve?
The recommended minimum treatment time is 60–90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer. Continuous use is recommended if no improvement is seen after the initial 90 days.
When can I start to apply Strataderm after surgery?
You can start to apply Strataderm after the stitches have been removed.
Would it be better to use surgical tape over Strataderm?
There is no need to use tape over Strataderm. If the scar is on an area of the body that may get bumped and scraped, cover it with gauze or a pad.
Can Strataderm be used on eyelids?
Yes. Strataderm goes through an evaporation process during the drying phase which may cause the eyes to sting temporarily. This stinging will cause no harm. Please do not apply Strataderm directly in the eye.
What do I do if Strataderm gets into my eyes?
If Strataderm enters the eyes it will cause some stinging but will do no harm. Wash out your eyes with an eyewash solution or tap water. Most importantly, use a generous amount of water to ensure Strataderm is completely flushed out of the eyes. If irritation occurs consult your doctor.
Can Strataderm be used on the lips?
Strataderm can be used on the lips, but not inside the mouth. Strataderm may need to be applied more frequently when used on the lips.
Can I use Strataderm and a moisturizer at the same time, few hours between them, to treat a scar on long term treatment?
For best results Strataderm should be in contact with your skin 24 hours/day; 7 days/week.
Products, such as Strataderm, are the consensus gold standard in dermatology for treatment of abnormal scars and should be used alone. Hydrating creams have not shown consistent data in clinical efficacy.
Should I use a moisturizer after applying Strataderm?
No. It is not necessary because Strataderm forms a barrier for your scar that maintains the skin's moisture.
What is the best method to apply Strataderm? ? Should I rub Strataderm into my scar?
Strataderm should be applied gently as a very thin coat on the affected area. The area should be clean and dry. Strataderm will stay on top of the skin, therefore rubbing is not required and will not increase the effectiveness.
Does Strataderm address internal scars?
No. Strataderm addresses external skin damage only.
Can Strataderm be used for burn scars?
Yes. Severe burns commonly cause hypertrophic scars, for which Strataderm is very well indicated. Strataderm should not be used on broken skin or open wounds.
Can Strataderm cause skin reactions?
Strataderm is inert and less likely to cause sensitivity reactions than many other materials used in dermatology. No side effects have been observed with the proper use of Strataderm. The ingredients in Strataderm are completely compatible with human biology. However, if redness, pain or skin irritation should occur, discontinue treatment and consult your physician.
Payment & Security
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely. We do Not Store Credit Card Details Nor Have Access To Your Credit Card Information.