Over indulged in isolation? Whether you’re feeling run down, sluggish, tired or stressed, the body has a clever way of telling us when it’s in need of a healthy reset.
So instead of ignoring the symptoms and reaching for that second glass of Shiraz, listen to what your body is telling you. Cutting back on a few unhealthy indulgences can really make all the difference. You don’t even need to follow a strict detox plan — there are some simple tricks you can incorporate into your daily routine that will help to get your body fighting fit and back on track.
So if your body is crying out for a much-needed cleanse, here are some natural detox remedies that will nurse your body back to health the natural way.
Here’s how to detox your body naturally, without so much as a diet plan in sight.
Limit Your Alcohol Intake
- Alcohol damages and slows down the functionality of the liver, so if you’ve been burning the candle at both ends, take a break so your liver can reset.
Kickstart your detox with:
Drink More Water
- Water regulates your body temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion and nutrient absorption, and detoxifies your body by removing waste products.
Get Quality Sleep
- Good sleep supports the body’s health and natural detoxification and repair system.
Adopt a Healthier Diet
- Avoid processed and sugary foods. Instead stock up on fruits, veggies and food rich in antioxidants e.g. berries, fruits, nuts, cocoa, vegetables, spices, and beverages like coffee and green tea.
Reduce Your Salt Intake
- Salt increases fluid retention which in turn holds all the toxins and waste in the body.
- Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your body’s detoxification system to work properly.